Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Catapult the Cows we have a Court Date!

There are few things in life that I appreciate and enjoy more than witnessing pure triple-threat talent. You know, someone who is blessed with the ability to sing, dance and act (at the same time, no less) in ways that move me. Seriously, there are few things I love more than a triple-threat.

Oh, except court dates. I love court dates way more than a triple-threat.

And yesterday ... I got both!

Yup. In the morning we learned our court date is JULY 24th!!!!!

And in the evening we saw Spamalot: a new musical lovingly ripped off from the classic film comedy Monty Python and the Holy Grail. (and yes, that's it's official title)

The court date made us giddy and optimistic and happy and scared all at the same time. Only 16 days people! WooHoo! oh... lordy.... only 16 days! In 16 days everything we've wanted and wished for and worked towards could all come true. That is both mindblowingly amazing and earthshatteringly frightening ya know? To get everything you want... whoa.

Seeing Spamalot made us laugh. And laugh. And laugh. And actually slap our knees (no really--that's not a figure of speech). I come from a theatre background and I have to say I do not know when--if ever--I have laughed so hard and so loud and so much at a production. There is a bit with a bale of hay that Made. Me. Cry. I was laughing so hard. It's all the classic Python bits (killer rabbits, Knights of Ni, Scared Sir Robin, Tim) and then it's new bits like a great little improvised salute to Michael Jackson that caused King Arthur (John O'Hurley) to go up on his lines.

And talk about triple-threats! These actors were AMAZING. Especially the Lady of the Lake..I don't know how this actress is but good grief she has a set of pipes on her. Unbelievable voice.

I know, it sounds like I'm getting Spam kickbacks by endorsing this but I can't really express just how much fun it was. And just how perfect it was to see last night...on the day we learned the actual date our dreams could come true. It was just what we needed: whimsy, humor, happiness, and to be reminded that no matter how nervous we might be about the future, we have to remember to.... always look on the bright side of life.

Come on, you knew I would tie that in somehow! :-) So sing it with me and keep your fingers crossed for July 24th...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...



xoxo--Kat

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news!! That was Abe's court date last year. Great day for passing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's FANTASTIC!!! A July date... what great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on a court date!

    amazing news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a double-good day! Keeping you guys in our prayers for the 24th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed and singing right along!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee :) Here's to looking on the bright side :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! Let the countdown begin. So excited ... crossing my fingers and toes!!! I can't wait to see your wonderful babes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Now I know that the play is a MUST SEE!

    We share the same court date! Hopefully, we will meet on the other side in Ethiopia in August!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you!!! This will be a good day (and I will be there. I really believ e that all of you will pass...they really want these c hildren home with you all...I am praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the absolute perfect court date because MOWA is rumored to reopen on the 23rd. You could not be luckier!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, your court date is coming up!! Like REALLY SOON!!! I am so excited for you guys! I will be checking back (I haven't dropped off the blog world altogether, as my addiction still continues in force...)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete