Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Sharing Time

One unexpected bonus for me in this whole adoption process has been to discover Blogs. Before I started doing internet research about the many aspects of adoption, I really had no idea what a blog was, why someone would write one or even why someone would read them. Luckily for me the Adoption Community has a HUGE blog neighborhood; which I have been visiting on a daily basis now for over a year. My google reader alerts me to new postings on 29 adoption blogs. (thank goodness you don't all post at the same time or I would never get dressed!). In addition to those, I also now follow 7 travel blogs, 3 news blogs and 2 cute baby blogs.

Over this past year I have discovered some amazing writers in the Blogdom. And by amazing I mean: they
can really write well and/or they wrote something that captured my feelings exactly. I've been keeping a little list of blog entries that really moved me and I've decided to share some of those with you.

So, I hereby announce Friday Sharing Time. For the next couple Fridays, I will share with you some blog entries that I loved and I hope you will love too.
Some are just plain funny. Some are really thought provoking--often in uncomfortable ways. Some seem to explain my thoughts so much better than I ever could that I will share them with you simply so I don't have to write it out myself. For whatever reason, these are blog posts that have spoken to me recently.

The first one I'm going to share is kinda funny, with a touch of seriousness. It spoke to me because 1) we are asking for two children, 2) I also have had a home stay with a family in rural Zimbabwe but my family insisted I make peanut butter... which doesn't work as well in her story, 3) I sometimes also wonder how I got here and 4) I also struggle with the urge to make lists rather than living in the moment. So go on over to Harvard to Homemaker and find out why she thinks Having 2 Kids is like Killing a Chicken.

And in the spirit of Sharing...I'd love it if you would share some of your favorite blog posts with me. And it doesn't have to be about adoption, just has to be something that you felt strongly enough (for whatever reason) to bookmark so you could read it again later.

Happy Friday...
xoxo-Kat

ps: if you like the blog post I send you to, don't forget to comment on that blog so the author knows they are appreciated! Hopefully this will encourage them to continue writing good stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I did like the comparison and contrast of these seemingly completely polar opposite activities.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete